Thursday, April 06, 2017

What's so Special About The Beatles?





Well, everything is great about The Beatles. Statistics and articles apart, for me, the music of Beatles means a lot. Before getting introduced to their music, I was mostly a hard rock/heavy metal music fan. I would admire the music of Metallica, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, etc. bands because of their musical prowess (primarily) and the somewhat rebellious lyrics.

But Beatles changed it all. For the first time in my life, I understood that a band of four young people can create a lot of impact through simple tunes and even simpler lyrics. 

1. 
"Black bird singing in the dead of night, 
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise"

Is it just a song about a black bird? Or is it about a person who never got an opportunity to rise because he had "broken wings"? 

2.
"If I were you, I'd realize that I
Love you more, than any other guy"

What a clever way of expressing love towards a woman...these lines always cracked me up. 

3.
You're asking me will my love grow
I don't know, I don't know
You stick around now it may show
I don't know, I don't know

Today's love may turn in to tomorrow's hatred, or it can also intensify by leaps and bounds. Listening to this great song won't give you an iota of indication that something other than the purest expression of love is in it. 

4.
She's the kind of girl 
you want so much it makes you sorry
Still you don't regret a single day
Ah, girl, Girl, girl

Don't we all know that girl whom we always admired but never got the chance to go near?

5.
I have to admit it's getting better
A little better all the time
Getting so much better all the time

The feel good songs. Nothing can cheer me up more than a little dose of Beatles. No matter how tough things are, it should always get better. 

There are so many other examples. Actually, I can relate to each and every Beatles song. Everyone tells a story, and everyone can relate to those stories in their unique manner. The interpretation of the songs also change from person to person. 

When I heard A Hard Day's Night back in 1996, I found the line "working like a dog" very amusing. I was a high school student then. Now in 2012, I exactly know what working like a dog means, and how meaningful and fulfilling it is to be in the arms of my life after getting back home from a tough day at work. 

The music of Beatles keeps inspiring me, and it also makes me live another day to get rid of depression and struggles. 

That is what is so great about Beatles.

No comments: