Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Introduction to My Writings

I think I am crossing the line by even considering myself as a writer. Well, I do have a thing for writing, and I've been writing things since early childhood. My first writing was a short essay on "Horse". I was a student of class 1 then, in the Bangladesh Embassy school in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. It was not actually an essay. It was 10-15 sentences on horse. For some reason, my teachers loved my writing, and after the final exam, I was allowed to join Class III, instead of class II. That is one event that I really wanted to discuss, when I came back in Bangladesh.

"I got a double promotion. I am different".

I think I wrote about this too many times. I have a dangerous craving for being different from others.

Anyways, this is not the place for retrospection. After that, I did not write much until I got admitted in IBA. There I joined a magazine as a part time writer. Eventually I was promoted(!) to a section editor, and then to a technical editor. But unfortunately, the magazine venture was dissolved by the owner. They were losing too much money. That was a good lesson. During that period, I also managed to write a few articles in the renowned weekly "Shaptahik 2000".

My area of interest was mainly computer games, and gaming in general. I also wrote articles on hardware and software. Software review is still one of my most favorite topics for writing. I write game reviews for gamefaqs and gamespot, occasionally. There is no screening process in Gamespot, but there is a editor's panel in gamefaqs for approving/disapproving reviews.

My last published article was on a rather new magazine, i.e. Technology Today. It was on chatting. I did not collect the renumeration for that article, as I was too lazy to go up there and collect it...hehe.

I started blogging last year. Since then, I have been updating my two major blogs in amadergaan.com and blogger.com quite regularly. As days passed by, I felt the need for archiving my writings in a more organized manner. I do not dream that some day these pieces of writings will be read by the world, but when I am old and retired (and maybe retarded as well, lol), I can just go through these memories and ponder some pleasure out of them. I can also show my nati-puti (grandchildren) a documented proof of "how life was" in the yesteryears, which my parents won't be able to do.

Okay, I think I'll try to dig up some old writings of mine in the following entries. By the way, how many readers do you think I will have?

Let's see...

By the way, I will end the current story that I am working on (Lunch Is Beautiful) here as well.

No comments: